Thursday, February 07, 2013

To Run or Not to Run, That is Never Really a Question

This is the internal conversation I’ve been having on a daily basis for the last week –



Do I have to run today?

Couldn’t I just take a nap instead?

I’m still tired from yesterday’s run…

Today’s going to be tough too.  It just snowed.

I mean really, it looks like this outside…


Do I have to run???


(Five minutes later)

It’s go time.


-     -     -
To explain, up until today it has snowed at least an inch every February day so far.  The sidewalks, paved paths, and roads don’t get plowed every day, just when the snow builds up enough to make it worth doing.  I’ve run out in the snow regardless – whether I have to run through a trace or three inches worth of the white stuff.  It’s been draining mentally and physically.  Of course these runs haven’t been that great in all that snow either.  They’ve been slow, tough runs… even bad runs you could say.  However – 

Even a bad run is better than not going for a run at all.

No comments: